maandag, september 22, 2008

bedankt maat

Hey, Jordi, I wrote you a song.
Today is your birthday if I'm not wrong.
If I'm not mistaken you're thirthy eight today,
How are you doin', Jordi? What do you say?

Well, it musta been about '80,
I saw you in school, and you were brand-new.
An' some had some doubts about the way you did,
But the truth came through and loudly rang.
Yeah, you were hipper than Chippo, And Danielle Copbaert, put together.

Yeah, times were a-changin',
You brought it all home --
"Blonde On Blonde", "Like a Rolling Stone" .
The real world is crazy, you were deranged,
An' when you went electric, why, everything changed --
A shock to the system.

Had a commission at yer motorcycle wreck --
Holed up in Woodstock, with a broken neck.
The labels were signin' up guys with guitars, out to make millions, lookin' for stars.
Well, I figured it was time to make my move --
Songs from the Schelle Chester County Delta country.

Yeah, I got a deal , and so did Jurgen Addiers, Henderieckx and Pauwels, all in a line.
They were lookin' for you, signin' up others,
We were "the new Catalans" -- your dumb-ass kid brothers.
Well, we still get together every week at Jordi's house --
Why, he's got quite a spread, I tell ya -- it's a twelve-step program.

Yeah, had to stop listening, times were too tough,
Me bein' the new me was hard enough.
You keep right on changin' like you always do,
An' what's best is the old stuff still all sounds new..

Yeah, today is your birthday -- have a great one, Jordi!
Bein' the new you is one hell of a job.
My kid cranked up her boom-box to almost grown
When I heard you screamin'
From her room "Everybody must get stoned."
Thanks a lot, Jordi.

Happy birthday, motje...

Geen opmerkingen: